Tasting: October 7, 2014
Beer #: 627
What’s interesting about Westbrook IPA from Westbrook Brewing Company?:
· How did I get it: Came to me from along as extras in a deal that featured Westbrook’s Mexican Cake coming back my way.
· Vitals: 6.8% ABV, 65 IBU, Munich, and Carapils malts. Hops added four times in kettle and twice in fermentor
· Name: Nothing exciting here. Love the bright green can. I guess I can say I’ve had the white, blue and now the green can.
· Availability: Not found in New Jersey. Seekabrew.com says only Georgia and South Carolina – but can be found in New York (??)
· Other acclaim: 91 points Beer Advocate.
Love the malt base – candy sweet. The hops strongly bitter – grassy and somewhat clunky at times. The malt is the star of this IPA. All in all Westbrook IPA is a really nice IPA Totally digging it – 89 points.